This page is dedicated to the various articles I’ve written for Black Youth Project!
- I’m a diva because I know the value of my labor: a piece about working for yourself and the importance of knowing the value of your time and the work that you do.
- In The Age of Body Positivity, Why Is It So Hard To Imagine Fat Girls As More Than Sad & Alone: a piece about body positive entertainment, how it sometimes (most times) drops the ball, and the stories we should be telling.
- To The Friend Who Said I Should Be Thankful For My Online Harassment While Cosplaying – I Ain’t Thankful For Shit: a personal piece about the idea of “being happy for bullies” because it means you’re gaining popularity/getting more popular when defending yourself and how toxic it really is.
- The Rage Felt So Good Until It Didn’t: The Difficulty of Cutting Off Abusive Family Members – a personal piece for Pride Month on how “making your own family” after distancing yourself from problematic folks isn’t as easy as it sounds.
- How I Learned To Stop Torturing Myself in Hopes of Getting to the “Good Part” in Bad Entertainment – a piece about “entertainment masochism,” which is watching something that offends you in the hopes of getting to the “good part.”
- You Ain’t Responsible for Protecting Your Fave from Critique – we all know the sayings about “problematic faves,” but let’s dig deeper because you ain’t responsible for their actions, either.