Now that Briana has begun to review more movies for Twin Cities Geek, it deserves its very own section! You can check out her reviews below, and be sure to keep an eye out for more!
- Black Panther (2/16)
- A Wrinkle in Time (3/9)
- Tomb Raider (3/16) ***This one will be uploaded on the site late since Bri will be at Naka-Kon that weekend, but be sure to check out Twin Cities Geek, as it’ll be posted there***
- In the Justice League Movie, Things Actually Come Together: Even with the movie’s flaws, if you’re a fan of these characters or just a fan of a superpowered throwdown, you should grab some popcorn and give this a watch. This has been a good movie year for DC, and I’m actually looking forward to seeing what they do next. And I never thought, when I first sat down for this screening, that I would be able to type that.
- With a Great Reboot Comes Great Responsibility in Spider-Man: Homecoming: I can’t really speak to whether or not Spider-Man: Homecoming remains true to the comics, but I can speak the fact that Tom Holland’s young, optimistic, eager-to-save-the-day Peter Parker speaks to the audience.
- Wonder Woman is a Movie with Character: When you treat your female characters as actual characters and not tools to move the plot along for someone else’s benefit, you get a real wonder of a movie.
- Prepare a Team of Teenagers with Character Development: A look at the 2017 Power Rangers movie and how the new cast breathes new life in the franchise we’ve loved since the 90s.
- Hidden Figures Reminds Us That Black Women Are Important, Period: It’s not just NASA that black women have contributed to, and it’s about time they’re given the respect they deserve.