This page is dedicated to different articles Briana has written and has had published online. They cover a variety of topics and have been featured on other websites. If Briana ends up writing for the source more than once, it’ll get its own page on the website!
- #28DaysOfBlackCosplay: Why We’re Still Rocking The Hashtag After 5 Years: It makes me feel good, as a fat, Black, queer woman in her mid-30s, knowing that younger geeks have something like this. Maybe they’ll be able to skip those misguided “I’m not like those other girls” years I went through back in the day. [This article was written for Essence and referenced by Shondaland]
- Proudly Fat, Black, Queer, and Making a Home for Myself in Cosplay: People don’t realize how damaging it is to only acknowledge a part of someone instead of their entire being, especially if you’re gonna badmouth one aspect of a person’s identity, but praise, support, or comfort the other. [This article was written for Autostraddle]
- Persona 5: My Saving Grace in Trump’s America: After Trump got in office I’d forgotten, for a moment, that we could fight on. I was surprised to get that much needed reminder in a video game, but here I am, in 2018, with a better outlook than I had before I popped Persona 5 into my console. [This article was written for I Need Diverse Games]
- Continue Screen: As the tragedies against us keep piling up, how long can we endure that blinking continue screen? [This article was featured on Blackasotan]
- Plus Size Cosplay? Yes. The Styles in my Cosplay Closet!: Briana goes into the different ways she cosplays, from wearing replicas of outfits, to tweaking them to create a style of her own. [This article was featured on The Curvy Fashionista]
- It Happened To Me: I’m a Plus Size Cosplayer: Briana talks about the time she was bullied online, how she responded, and how to deal with online hate. [This article was featured on xoJane]
- My So-Called Survival Horror Life: Briana looks back at how she grew a love for horror video games… even if they scare the magical girl pants off of her. [This article was featured on The Clearance Bin Review]
- My Nintendo Shame: It wasn’t easy being a Nintendo fan in the early 2010s. Briana talks about having fond memories of a company whose newest console at the time (the Wii) never seemed to hit its stride. [This article was featured on The Escapist]
Backlog of Reviews
Before writing for WatchMojo and before becoming a published author, Briana used to do freelance work for a number of websites. She would write reviews that revolved around anime, video games, and movies. By clicking on the images below, you can get to her reviews. These are for the sites that are still active, any sites that have been deleted are not included.