This time last year I was launching the Kickstarter for this little idea I had about a group of black, queer, magical girls. While the Kickstarter didn’t end up panning out, I told myself that I wouldn’t give up on the idea and that I’d finish the story and release it someday.
Today is that day.
“magnifiqueNOIR” is here and I am so thrilled to be presenting it to everyone!
If you’ve already preordered the book through the Indiegogo or our Etsy shop, you will be receiving it very soon! I got confirmation from UPS that the 15 boxes (yes, 15!) will be at my house this Friday! After that, I’ll be autographing all of them and then giving my post office a nightmare (just kidding, we already talked to them and came up with a plan).
If you haven’t ordered the book yet, now is your chance! Not just the physical copy, but the eBook as well! So here’s Bri’s somewhat comprehensive list of ways to have a little bit of black girl magic in your home, on your Kindle, and more important: in your hearts (boo Bri that was cheesy).
- The super special awesomely autographed copy! Follow the link here to get a physical copy of the book autographed by yours truly! We have a limited amount of numbers before we order batch #2 of the book in time for fall season conventions!
- The amazing Amazon physical copy! While it doesn’t come with my autograph, it is discounted for a limited time, and hey, free shipping through Prime is always nice!
- The magically fantastic eBook copy! Because who doesn’t want their electronic reading device to come packed with black girl magic?
- Conventions! I’ll have a list of them up soon, but this Saturday, I’ll be at MSP Fall ComiCon at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, so if you’re local, you can come and get a copy of the book from me in person!
Now comes the next part: promotion. If you are absolutely in love with the book, talk about it online! Use the hashtag #magnifiqueNOIR to share your love for these girls. Take pictures of your book/eBook, share this post everywhere, and definitely, most definitely, definitely definitely definitely LEAVE A REVIEW when you’re done reading! Let’s show the world that black girls with magical powers are spectacular!
As always, thank you from the bottom of my chubby black queer girl heart for all the support. When I came up with this idea last March, I had no idea it would grow so much. There may have been some hiccups along the way, but we’re here now, and you all are truly magical 🙂
“Sleepover” by NamiOki
Just a fun update to celebrate the fall season 🙂 (and yes, this will be a coloring page later) Also, you should go check out the WALLPAPER section, as it’s been updated with new backgrounds you can download!
Take care, and don’t forget, you are magical!
Happy Friday, magical one! Time for a slew of updates!
First and foremost, WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE BOOK! It is, drum roll please, OCTOBER 3RD!!! If you click on the shiny banner below, you’ll be taken to the official event page for it!
To add, the book will be at a discounted price until the beginning of October (physical copies) so now is the time to get magical!
Next order of business: there’s some updates in the Interviews & Features section for you all to check out 🙂
And how about some COMIC updates? We got those, too!
We also got new stuff to check out in the MERCHANDISE section! There are now Stickers and Postcards you can add to your magnifiqueNOIR collection!
Last, but not least, the CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS section has been updated with more appearances for this year. The great thing about these fall shows is that we will, most likely, have copies of the book at our table!
That’s all for now! And don’t forget: you are magical!
Hey there, magical ones! So the Indiegogo is in “InDemand” mode, which means you can still pledge various tiers. This weekend will be the LAST WEEKEND this option will be open. Come Monday, I’ll be turning it off, because it’ll be time to prepare for the launch at the end of the month!
***though backers/ppl who preordered at cons should be getting it in the mail a little bit before that assuming the print copy is good to go, it should be here on Monday for me to look over***
If there’s a tier you want, or you wanna snag the book at the discounted campaign price, now is the time. You’ll still be able to order it on the website (and hopefully preorder on Amazon soon) but the Indiegogo will no longer be an option (mostly so I don’t have to keep track of too many things). The campaign may be ending, but next week, we will have a few bundles on the website! They just won’t be the same as the ones on the campaign (particularly the high priced ones).
Thanks for all the support. Stay tuned for even more updates come Monday!
PS: IF YOU PLEDGE A TIER AND I HAVE TO REORDER THE ITEMS IN IT, I will send the book first and foremost and send those items separately so you can get your read on
Campaign link is HERE!!!
Hey there, magical ones! A lot of exciting updates to make!
- Formatting for the book is DONE and it is GLORIOUS! Once I look it over and give my approval, it’s off to the print so we can have ourselves a 398 pages magical girl book. Yep, the book is almost 400 pages! WOW! Here are some amazing samples of what the inside of the book will look like:
- Also, I have a little something extra for those who pledged to the campaign/preordered the book, since it’s taken longer than I expected to get it done. It’s not much, but it’s a token of my appreciation for the support, and patience, with this project <3 <3 <3
- In the Interviews & Features section, there’s some interviews that I got to do about my work that you should totally go check out!
- Is it too early to be talking about the 2018 convention season. NOPE! Check out the CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS tab to see what’s going on!
- More Watchmojo and MsMojo? Yep, we got that too!
Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer and closer to the official release of the book! And don’t forget: you are magical!
Hey there, magical ones! There’s a lot going on this weekend!
First, there’s a reading tonight at 7PM at the Coffee Shop Northeast here in Minneapolis! Come stop by and hear a snippet from the book, which is due to be released in a few weeks!!!
After that, there’s 2D Con, a local gaming convention where we’ll be doing preorders for the book and have some fun, geeky items for sale along with some wonderful prints of the girls of magnifiqueNOIR!
2D Con is the last convention in our summer line-up, but there are plenty of events in the fall/winter coming up!
We’re headed to Anime Iowa, come check us out 🙂
Hey there, magical ones! Here’s the next convention for the summer:
Next up in the summer line-up of conventions:
Time for the summer convention rush! Here’s our first stop 🙂