Hey there, everyone! We got some quick updates!
- We are actually SOLD OUT of autographed copies of the book for the holidays!!! I’ve ordered another shipment and will update when they arrive. Thank you SO MUCH for all the support!
- There’s some new Reviews up that you can go and check out. See what people are saying about the ladies of magnifiqueNOIR!
- The Print Section has been updated with new 8.5X11 prints, some by yours truly!
That’s all for now! Happy Holidays, magical ones!
Hi there, magical ones! Long time no update, huh? We did a LOT of conventions in the fall and are now home for the winter, so it’s about time for some updates!
- You can head over to the Interviews & Features section to listen to a few podcasts where I talk about the book! There’s also a few more Interviews through different websites, too!
- Convention season may be over, but plans for 2018 are already underway! Check out the Convention & Events section to see where we’re headed!
- WE GOT SOME NEW FANART OF THE GIRLS AND IT IS ALL WONDERFUL!!!
- THERE’S ALSO SOME MORE COSPLAY OF THE GIRLS AND IT MAKES MY HEART SING!!!
- Check out these new WatchMojo.com MsMojo videos that I wrote the script for as we close out 2017!
- There’s some new movie reviews up in the Twin Cities Geek section!
- You can check out the article I wrote for SyFy about the X-Men animated series in the Other Published Works section!
Along with those updates is a special update for the holidays. If you’re wanting to get an autographed copy of the book for Christmas, we still have a few copies left, but hurry, as they are limited! Please order by 12/16 if you’re trying to get it by Christmas as that should be enough time. If you order after this date (or we run out) then the book will come after the holidays.
You can always order through Amazon as well, but those copies won’t come signed.
Be sure to look through the MERCHANDISE tab if there’s anything extra you’d like. Again, if you want it by Christmas, place your order by 12/16!
Last, but not least, check out this tasty piece of art for the second book. Yep, we’ve got art for book two already thanks to our buddies over at Musetap Studios! This series is called “Hidden in Plain Sight” and highlights the transformation tools the girls use… save for Prism Pink, who will be revealed in Book Two: You Are Magical!
Happy Holidays, magical ones!
Hey there, magical ones! It’s time for a CONVENTION RUSH as my partner and I will be at three back to back shows! Here’s the first one for the weekend:
See you all in Detroit, Michigan!
We’re featured speakers at Anime Fusion this weekend! We’ll be selling copies of the book and doing panels 🙂
If you’re in Minneapolis, you should come check us out!
Hey there, magical ones! Fall is upon us, and that means it’s time to get back to the convention scene! You can see more detailed updates in the CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS section, or you can just check out this nifty banner:
Also, keep an eye on the Reviews section as people are sharing their thoughts on the magical revolution! Don’t forget to pick up your own copy HERE!
This time last year I was launching the Kickstarter for this little idea I had about a group of black, queer, magical girls. While the Kickstarter didn’t end up panning out, I told myself that I wouldn’t give up on the idea and that I’d finish the story and release it someday.
Today is that day.
“magnifiqueNOIR” is here and I am so thrilled to be presenting it to everyone!
If you’ve already preordered the book through the Indiegogo or our Etsy shop, you will be receiving it very soon! I got confirmation from UPS that the 15 boxes (yes, 15!) will be at my house this Friday! After that, I’ll be autographing all of them and then giving my post office a nightmare (just kidding, we already talked to them and came up with a plan).
If you haven’t ordered the book yet, now is your chance! Not just the physical copy, but the eBook as well! So here’s Bri’s somewhat comprehensive list of ways to have a little bit of black girl magic in your home, on your Kindle, and more important: in your hearts (boo Bri that was cheesy).
- The super special awesomely autographed copy! Follow the link here to get a physical copy of the book autographed by yours truly! We have a limited amount of numbers before we order batch #2 of the book in time for fall season conventions!
- The amazing Amazon physical copy! While it doesn’t come with my autograph, it is discounted for a limited time, and hey, free shipping through Prime is always nice!
- The magically fantastic eBook copy! Because who doesn’t want their electronic reading device to come packed with black girl magic?
- Conventions! I’ll have a list of them up soon, but this Saturday, I’ll be at MSP Fall ComiCon at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, so if you’re local, you can come and get a copy of the book from me in person!
Now comes the next part: promotion. If you are absolutely in love with the book, talk about it online! Use the hashtag #magnifiqueNOIR to share your love for these girls. Take pictures of your book/eBook, share this post everywhere, and definitely, most definitely, definitely definitely definitely LEAVE A REVIEW when you’re done reading! Let’s show the world that black girls with magical powers are spectacular!
As always, thank you from the bottom of my chubby black queer girl heart for all the support. When I came up with this idea last March, I had no idea it would grow so much. There may have been some hiccups along the way, but we’re here now, and you all are truly magical 🙂
“Sleepover” by NamiOki
Just a fun update to celebrate the fall season 🙂 (and yes, this will be a coloring page later) Also, you should go check out the WALLPAPER section, as it’s been updated with new backgrounds you can download!
Take care, and don’t forget, you are magical!
Happy Friday, magical one! Time for a slew of updates!
First and foremost, WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE BOOK! It is, drum roll please, OCTOBER 3RD!!! If you click on the shiny banner below, you’ll be taken to the official event page for it!
To add, the book will be at a discounted price until the beginning of October (physical copies) so now is the time to get magical!
Next order of business: there’s some updates in the Interviews & Features section for you all to check out 🙂
And how about some COMIC updates? We got those, too!
We also got new stuff to check out in the MERCHANDISE section! There are now Stickers and Postcards you can add to your magnifiqueNOIR collection!
Last, but not least, the CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS section has been updated with more appearances for this year. The great thing about these fall shows is that we will, most likely, have copies of the book at our table!
That’s all for now! And don’t forget: you are magical!
Hey there, magical ones! So the Indiegogo is in “InDemand” mode, which means you can still pledge various tiers. This weekend will be the LAST WEEKEND this option will be open. Come Monday, I’ll be turning it off, because it’ll be time to prepare for the launch at the end of the month!
***though backers/ppl who preordered at cons should be getting it in the mail a little bit before that assuming the print copy is good to go, it should be here on Monday for me to look over***
If there’s a tier you want, or you wanna snag the book at the discounted campaign price, now is the time. You’ll still be able to order it on the website (and hopefully preorder on Amazon soon) but the Indiegogo will no longer be an option (mostly so I don’t have to keep track of too many things). The campaign may be ending, but next week, we will have a few bundles on the website! They just won’t be the same as the ones on the campaign (particularly the high priced ones).
Thanks for all the support. Stay tuned for even more updates come Monday!
PS: IF YOU PLEDGE A TIER AND I HAVE TO REORDER THE ITEMS IN IT, I will send the book first and foremost and send those items separately so you can get your read on
Campaign link is HERE!!!
Hey there, magical ones! A lot of exciting updates to make!
- Formatting for the book is DONE and it is GLORIOUS! Once I look it over and give my approval, it’s off to the print so we can have ourselves a 398 pages magical girl book. Yep, the book is almost 400 pages! WOW! Here are some amazing samples of what the inside of the book will look like:
- Also, I have a little something extra for those who pledged to the campaign/preordered the book, since it’s taken longer than I expected to get it done. It’s not much, but it’s a token of my appreciation for the support, and patience, with this project <3 <3 <3
- In the Interviews & Features section, there’s some interviews that I got to do about my work that you should totally go check out!
- Is it too early to be talking about the 2018 convention season. NOPE! Check out the CONVENTIONS AND EVENTS tab to see what’s going on!
- More Watchmojo and MsMojo? Yep, we got that too!
Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer and closer to the official release of the book! And don’t forget: you are magical!